Raw Vegan Cookie Bites

It's that time of the month...no no, not that time of the month. It's the 22nd which means it's Recipe Redux time!  Today&#...


It's that time of the month...no no, not that time of the month. It's the 22nd which means it's Recipe Redux time! 

Today's theme is dehydrated, meaning either showing yo all how to dehydrate something or how I love to use dehydrated foods in a recipe. Luckily I've been on a bit of a raw food bender so this theme was easy! I love dehydrated foods, especially dried fruits like raisins and dates. I eat them daily in fact. I use dried fruit in so many recipes instead of sweeteners and sugar. Dates make a great substitute for brown sugar, I recommend organic Medjool dates as for me they offer the most indulgent texture and flavour. 

For today's challenge I decided to create some chocolate chip style cookies using nuts and dehydrated fruit. I think of these as "cookie dough cookies" because they have a doughy rather than firm or crisp consistency. If you prefer a firmer snack you can actually dehydrate the cookies themselves for a sturdier texture. I prefer the soft and buttery texture of these cookies though so I don't bother with that step. If you don't have a dehydrator you can throw these babies in the oven on the lowest setting for a few hours or simply add a little coconut oil to the mix and freeze them to get a remarkable sturdiness. 






 
I often make cookies like these ones either using nuts or shredded coconut. I make a large batch, roll them into balls, flatten them and freeze them for quick snack attacks. If you've never tried making raw cookies, take the plunge! They are some of the easiest desserts around and are as nutritious as they are delicious!

Raw Vegan Cookie Bites
  • 2-3 tbsp jumbo raisins
  • 5 Medjool dates
  • 3/4 cup raw pecans
  • 1/4 cup +2 tbsp raw cashews
  • OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil (for firm cookies)
  • large handful vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life as they are vegan and gluten-free) or cacao nibs (to keep things raw)
Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a food processor an blend on high until they are finely ground. Add less than 1 tbsp of water and blend well until the mixture turns into dough. Add the chocolate chips and pulse to distribute evenly. Roll into little balls and place on  a parchment lined baking sheet. 

**Freeze to firm up or dehydrate for a firmer texture. These cookies will be doughy even if frozen if you do not use the coconut oil. If you do use the oil than they will freeze semi solid. **
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.