Bed Of Roses (Beet Noodles with Cauliflower Cream)

Just in time for Valentine's Day I bring you this super RED , super HEALTHY, vegan and gluten-free pasta recipe. I call this di...




Just in time for Valentine's Day I bring you this super RED, super HEALTHY, vegan and gluten-free pasta recipe. I call this dish my Bed Of Roses because when I made these beet noodles and put them in a bowl they looked like a beautiful spirally bouquet of red roses. Luckily for you and me they didn't taste like flowers!

So there's a bit of a back story here. I bought a Paderno three blade spiralizer this weekend on sale for $30. I'm pretty stoked about it because up until recently I was enjoying my Vegigetti spiralizer almost daily! The difference is vast between the two. The Paderno model allows you to spiralize firmer vegetables like potatoes and carrots, or in the case of today's recipe, beets! 


I mean come on, how gorgeous are these beet spirals! Three different blades is a great feature too because it has introduced me to new shapes for my zoodles. I used the thickest blade for these gorgeous gigantic spirals.


Beets were not the first thing I tried though. I made sweet potato curly fries the same night I bought the spiralizer!
  
Now back to today's recipe.The flavour of this gorgeous pasta dish is all its own. The beet noodles provide a sweet earthiness with an al dente crunch, while the cauliflower cream is reminiscent of alfredo sauce though slightly thicker (and totally vegan!).




CONFESSION: This is my token Valentine's Day Recipe. As a blogger you feel a pressure looming over you when holidays are nearby. MUST MAKE SOMETHING PINK. That's what was whirring in the back of my brain all week. Luckily despite my crazy busy work schedule I managed to pull this themed recipe off!

If you have a special someone who likes to eat raw vegan or even just vegan, at least make them these gorgeous beet noodles! The sauce you choose is your call but I like the colour contrast from the white cauliflower cream sauce. You can also try my healthy vegan alfredo sauce.


I hope you give this recipe a try, these noodles really impressed me!


Bed Of Roses Pasta

For the Noodles:
  • 1 very large beet, spiralized using the largest blade

For the Cauliflower Sauce:
  • 1.5 cups chopped cauliflower
  • 1 tbsp evoo
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tsp coconut milk powder
  • 1/2 cup water
  • black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or more)
  • dash chili powder
  • pinch pink salt

Steam your cauliflower until tender. Add to a blender along with remaining ingredients and puree until very smooth. Pour into a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Pour over prepared beet noodles (I just poured the sauce into the center so most of the noodles were still visible, when I was ready to eat I mixed it up and the sauce turned pale pink).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.